Thought I d share this rare BMW M3 GTS beast with you.
I had a pleasure of working on this for a few days to get it perfect for the owners before they collected it from the dealership in Bournemouth and had our New Car Detail carried out.
Once the GTS was washed and prepped for polishing, I was able to thoroughly inspect the paint to see what kind of condition it was in. Inspection was done using Metal Halides and the 3M Sun Gun
As you can see from the photo’s below the paintwork had defects and did require some paint correction to fully remove them from the paint finish.
Some panels suffered with heavier defects than others so the first step was to test what combination of pads, compounds and polishes would be needed to achieve the desired level of correction.
I ended up using my Festool Rotary polisher with a 3M Wool Pad and Meguiar’s M105 Ultra-Cut Compound to remove the heavier defects on a few panels.
With the heavier defects removed I then polished the M3 GTS with Menz 3.02 and a LC Polishing pad.
The gap between spoiler and boot was too tight to machine polish so I got one of the technicians to remove the spoiler for me so I could fully correct the paintwork in this area.
Few before’s and afters
I thoroughly wiped down the surface with Isopropyl Alcohol to remove any polishing oils and ensure that I had a true, defect-free finish.
Once all the compounding and polishing stages were complete I started with my refining process using Menzerna 106FA which brought out a tremendous amount of gloss and clarity in the paint.
Once all of the compounding and finish polishing stages were done all of the polishing dust needed to be cleaned out of every crack and crevice and paint stripped of any polishing oils ready for the application of Gtechniq C1+
As the trim on the GTS is matt these were coated with Gtechniq C1.5 Silo Seal as C1+ would have gave them a glossy look.
Whilst C1+ was left to cure for a few hours I did some of the final details such as exhaust tips polished, glass polished and sealed with Gtechniq G1 and interior vacuumed.
As I had the M3 GTS on the ramp I made full use of it and got the technicians to remove the wheels so I could protect them and the calipers with Gtechniq.
At the end of the day C1+ was topped with a coat of Gtechniq C1.5. Working a panel at a time this was applied with a microfiber applicator and then buffed of with a microfiber cloth.
The sun showing the true, defect-free condition of the Fire Orange paintwork!
Thanks for reading!